Push-through blister packs, also known as push-through blisters or push-through blisters, are a special type of blister packaging commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry for packaging medications. What makes push-through blisters special is their functionality and ease of use, especially in terms of emptying and consuming the medications they contain. Here are some features that make push-through blisters special:
- Easy dosing: Push-through blister packs are designed so that users can easily remove the medication by pressing on the blister chamber. This facilitates accurate dosing as each chamber contains a single dose.
- Protection and shelf life: due to the airtight seal and protection from external influences, such as moisture or light, the medications in push-through blisters remain well protected and have a longer shelf life.
- Labeling and identification: The medications in push-through blisters can be easily identified, as each chamber is usually labeled individually. This helps to avoid mix-ups.
- Safety: push-through blisters offer some protection against accidental ingestion or children accessing the medication, as the packaging remains intact until it is intentionally opened.
- Travel and storage convenience: Due to their compact shape and protection of the medication, push-through blisters are well suited for travel and storage of single doses.
With regard to the emptying of push-through blisters, specialized deblistering machines are required to gently and efficiently remove the drugs from the blister chambers. These machines must be designed in such a way that they do not damage the blister packaging and preserve the integrity of the drugs contained.
The ease of use and protective features of push-through blisters make them a popular choice for packaging medications, especially for single doses or short dosing cycles.
Our service for you
Discover our extensive service area and our RBP distributors worldwide.
If you would like more information or direct contact, we are here for you.